Sunday, September 27, 2009

Take Two

I have another swap to share with you.

This one is for a Rebecca Sower Inspiration Apron Swap. This is my piece that will go along with 13 other pieces, created by 13 other ladies.

I had to create 14. They are only 3x5 in size. And yet, it took me three weeks to finish. Well, one week was wasted. I started them and then decided they weren't right... hence the "take two". I'm please with this second version and hope they work well with everyone else's.

We went to the State Fair yesterday, just the Farmboy and I, and we did something new. We rode the DART Rail (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) into downtown Dallas. I will admit to being a bit nervous before hand. The last story I heard someone tell, regarding a Rail ride, involved a man on board preaching that God would soon be coming down to Earth aback a unicorn to slay everyone. Hmmm.

Our first adventure on the Rail turned out unadventurous and more than likely we will ride more often.

Hope you all are having a beautiful weekend!

9 comments:

Cindy said...

What a pretty stitched piece! You did good! And yep, we've been talking about the Fair as well. And yeah, those DART trips can be a bit dicie sometimes...never know who or whom you will come upon....spouting who knows what. LOL. Glad you trip was uneventful.

-c
yapping cat

Lori said...

ooooh, Alisa!!! that looks SO pretty!!!

Marianne said...

That looks wonderful. So Rebecca Sower inspired. I love her work too and would love to try my hand at it, but I am a bit intimidated. You did great!

Mary Wadsworth said...

Very pretty Alisa:) The train sounds fun. Transportation and entertainment all in one tee hee:)

Mary

Unknown said...

First, your piece is GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see the others :)

Second, your DART ride sounds like a ride on the city bus here in Abq. :P

FILIGREE MOON said...

Ooooh! So pretty. I love the detail. What a lucky girl to have a swap with such pretties. You did a beautiful job! Have a great week...and thanks for visiting me at my blog. (Have you ever seen such a hat as that?) ~ Angela

Tiedupmemories said...

Perfect Lori! I love the dove and all the details!!

Tiedupmemories said...

I meant Alisa!!! Sorry.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

What a gorgeous piece! I love the way you stitched the home and the frayed edges. Good job! The rails are never that bad...just compare them to the NY subway and anything would appear way better ;)