Monday, January 20, 2014

Chasing Sunbeams

That's what I do.
I chase the sunbeams around my house.
And I've recently figured out why.
 
This life;
this long- sometimes drawn out life- that truly lasts only the blink of an eye.
It is full.
It is beautiful.
So achingly beautiful...
In its sorrow and its suffering.
In its joy and its love.


I chase the sunbeams, because I am light.
Because they are what I know.
Bright, warm, caressing.
I find so much happiness in simply standing in a sunbeam;
letting all my guards down
and letting the light penetrate my heart; my soul.
Filling my being with love.
Love that I want to share freely with anyone who is willing to accept it.
 
This is me standing in my light, heart bared to the world.
I am a sunbeam.

6 comments:

Robin Thomas said...

Crying softly.

Julia said...

Yes you are. And I in turn also seek sunlight. Which is why I go to your blog, that perchance some of your light will spill out into my day. It always does. Thank you. You're loved.

Lorrie said...

Beautiful.

Light drifts into the darkest corner.

Photocat said...

You sure are honey, a true sunbeam. Shining your light on all of us. Tender proza.

Jillayne said...

So wonderfully put... and what a wonderful thing to think.
I love it when i look to the sky, and if there are clouds, and they are sitting just right, you see the sunbeams flowing through and shining on a spot, I love it - and I want to run there and stand, look up to sky

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Beautiful! Have a lovely week. Tammy