Monday, April 14, 2008

Home, Love, Family

I have so much to share, but today's post is the most special of them all. So it gets a day just to itself.

Several weeks ago I read a blog post from Tammy. It broke my heart to hear her so sad. So I decided maybe there was some small little thing I could do for her that might possibly make her feel a little better. A few days later I had my own sadness that I was trying to deal with. She, in turn, understood how I was feeling, so we decided to each send the other something to help with the hurt.
Saturday evening when I got home a package from Tammy was sitting on the table. As I opened it all words completely escaped me! But then I didn't really need them. Tammy had provided all of the words that were truly important for me.
HOME, LOVE, FAMILY
Those were the three words she had carefully engraved into metal for me. Where they could never fade from time and where I could "keep them close to my heart" forever. Tammy reminded me what is truly important. It's not the physical location of the people and places I love. What is important is to always keep them preserved in the warmth and love of my heart.

I didn't realize it at the time, but my farmboy was taking pictures...



Tammy, from the bottom of my heart I thank you for everything!

xo xo
Alisa

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh! How wonderful! I saw your sweet gesture on her blog as well! Just proves how kind a complete stranger can be. We all have the same compassionate heart and giving soul! Enjoy your necklace. How special a gift!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Sherry said...

There is nothing better than showing a kindness to someone in need, or having a bad day, or just feeling the blues. How wonderful that you and Tammy were able to do this for each other. Special friends indeed.