Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Good Morning!

I hope everyone in blogland had a safe and wonderful holiday weekend. Our's was nice. Everyone came over here since my parents don't have a house on this continent anymore and my sister's house is wall to wall boxes at the moment.
I had this grand idea to make the pancakes and waffles from the cookbook section of the March issue of Country Living. I had all of the dry ingredients prepared in separate containers ready to go and still, even with my dad manning the pancake griddle, it took forever and was a huge mess! I went and bought a waffle iron just for the occasion. Took me awhile to get the hang of it but I finally got it and a couple of perfectly cooked waffles came out of it.(heehee!!) Even though we had to wait a little longer to eat than expected, everyone filled their tummies and I think even enjoyed it.
My farmboy and I managed to get all of the new "mom and dad aquired items" sorted through and put away and the boxes broken down. He was on a roll and even got a huge portion of the garage cleaned out. All of this happened before Sunday!

Not only was that all accomplished, we also managed to get a vintage/antiquing shopping trip in! We started with lunch at my favorite little Spanish Mediterranean cafe. A yummy tapa lunch awaited us there. Then I purchased some new babies...

I told E that I was replacing him with these new babies because he wouldn't stop complaining about having to go into "all of these old shops." He rolled his eyes and said "whatever, I know I can never be replaced." That's a 15 yr old for ya. He obviously knows how much he is truly loved.
I also pick this up.

This is making SO happy right now. But that's all I can tell you about that right now. You'll just have to wait!

I also managed to aquire this nice little package of Marie Antoinette papers.

I'm ready for the swap! I purchased the pack from The Decorated House on Etsy. She has lovely vintage wallpaper packs too and the handsomest Beau Bunny Rabbit! Check her out.

I also receive the most wonderful box in the mail yesterday from Popalicious Too. I really thought it was a magic, never-ending box. I just kept pulling more and more things out of it!

Let's see, what else. Oh! I received an email this morning from Tiffany. She has opened her new boutique... Shabby Scraps Boutique. I haven't had a chance to stop in yet, but I'm headed there next.

I listed a new collection in my shoppe... Le Jardin Collection. Here's a peek.

There's more to come too.

If you are looking for something pretty, romantic, shabby, cottagey or whimsical, scroll all the way down this page. I have left a peek at some of the wonderful offerings from the Cottage Style Esty Street Team.

I think that's it for today. OH! But tomorrow I have to show you all of the wonderful embroidered pieces I got from my mom!
Have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely bunch of finds!

Lori said...

Alisa, you found some wonderful goodies:) i love those babies!!! so sweet.

Unknown said...

I'm so intrigued by your pretty textile find! Is it a sweet little girl's dress? Share more! Also, isn't Popalicious Too great? I'm off to check your other links!

Sarah said...

Fun Marie Antoinette finds. I have a Marie book I purchase from DeDe Warren that is just waiting for me to start assembling it! I missed out on all the Marie creations...but still want to make something with her.
Love the vintage photographs!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/