Sunday, January 15, 2012

Feeling Plucky

I'm patting myself on the back right now.
I've managed to mark an item off of my January To Do list.
Before February.

I've completed all of my homework from the One Little Word class I'm taking.
It was so very enjoyable to work on and it helped me to specifically answer a couple of questions still floating around my head about my word... Fearless.


I decided to house the class work within one of my favorite journals I made last summer.
And so far it has worked perfectly and is making me oh so happy!


Also making me oh so happy right now,
this quote from Mary Oliver.
It seriously sums up what the word Fearless sums up for me right now.

"I want to think again of dangerous and noble things.
I want to be light and frolicsome.
I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings."

Such a plucky quote.

11 comments:

somepinkflowers said...

well*done!
plucky & fearless
is a good combo...

{{ i enjoy
this Mary Oliver
~~instruction for life~~
“Pay attention.
Be astonished.
Tell about it.” }}

Robin Thomas said...

Congratulations on completing your journal. It is, of course, beautiful.

Fearless.

Go. Be that.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I love that journal! It's so pretty :)

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

It is indeed a plucky quote... and one I needed to read today. I like your word too... fearless. How would it be to truly embody that? Wow! The possibilities!

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Lorrie said...

I love that quote by Mary Oliver and have it in my own art journal from last year. I've thought a lot about my word for this year, and although I hate to copy anyone, Fearless struck a real chord with me. I've tried to find an appropriate synonym, without luck, so I'm choosing Fearless, along with you, although I'm not doing the class.

I am often astonished at the clarity of Mary Oliver's insight into the human soul and her succinct way of expression.

Cheryl Carey Bass said...

You just like it 'cause it says "noble" in it. :) Yay for you, starting the year out right with COMPLETING a project! Way to go.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Alisa, plucky. And you have stick-to-it-iveness. I always seem to fade out with these kinds of projects. I need a little push!

Good for you!
Hugs, Diane

kandeland said...

love the quote, and the journal looks wonderful! so happy you are ticking something off your list! yay!
xox

kjoy said...

I just wanted to thank you for this post. I have recently done some soul searching myself and have found that the pile of unfinished projects that I have started, must be addressed. It really encouraged me to see you post your finished project. I had toyed with the idea of posting my unfinished projects as I completed them, but was unsure If I should bother. Seeing you do just that was inspiring. Thanks and great job on finishing your journal, It's beautiful.

Dorthe said...

Alisa, congratulations - so wonderful for you to have finished your fantastic journal- I don`t know Mary Oliver- but the quote is surely great to try, live by.
Hugs,Dorthe

Tamara said...

too funny...i too am taking this class and was very proud last weekend when i completed all the homework. we're off to a good start! i love the idea of using a unique journal for the class. hmmm...an idea for 2013?