Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blooming Stars

Last Thursday I heard the delivery man leave a package at the front door. 
I, however, did not deem it necessary to actually get up from my comfy chair, as I was quite sure the package only contained car parts for a certain Farmboy.
And those boxes are always so blasted heavy, so I decided to let it stay there for awhile.


Egads!
Little did I know!!!


Once I had to get up, I figured I'd go ahead and lug that box inside.
I stepped out onto the porch and thought how nice that the box wasn't 4 ft. x 4 ft.
As I was lifting with my legs, I was surprised that it didn't weigh a ton and that's when I saw it...


The label!
It was for ME and it was from THEM!
Them... the Gilded Girls!!!
(I was kicking myself for letting it sit there on the porch for over an hour)


I slowly opened the box, letting the anticipation build.
A small sigh escaped my lips as I pulled the packing out.
It was like looking into a box full of glittering stars.


This little, poem wall hanging is my first creation from my box of stars.
I really liked how Debbie and Shea used handmade tags and an antique spool to wind the trims on,
and I thought they would be perfect as the base for a wall hanging.
In fact, in the piece, I also used the seambinding and the silver floss that was used to tie up this and that from the kit.


The only two extras I used from my stash were the cream cardstock, that I wrote the poem on, and the Osenberg fabric
(which, it would seem, I cannot create anything without)

Ahh, I do so love a GOOD supply kit.

14 comments:

Heather Ales said...

Brilliantly GORGEOUS!!!!

Love what you did, sweet brave friend!!

Much love,
Heather

Dorthe said...

Alisa, your wall hanging is wonderfully, beautiful- I so love all the shining details-and the poem -and it all dangling from the spool- so lovely.
xo,Dorthe

Dawn said...

So pretty! In a way you prolonged the goodness of the parcel by sitting in your chair one hour longer;))

FILIGREE MOON said...

Ahhh, so clever and pretty. ~ Angela

kandeland said...

this is insanely gorgeous Alisa! xo

Charlene said...

SWEET!!!!!!!!! I love what you did with your stash!!! Me... still sitting in the box. And it's not gonna happen tomorrow because I babysit 3 grandchildren. TIME... where does it go? You sure know what to do with it girlfriend! Great Job!
Charlene

Heavens2Betsy said...

This is lovely Alisa. So beautiful. So clever. Thank you for your visit. Penny

Tina said...

It´s beautiful Alisa. What a great kit. Have to check out that blog.
Wishing you a wonderful Easter.
xo Tina

Suz said...

It sounds like pure magic, Alisa. Your hanging...WOW!. Can I pin it yet? :-)
Hugs,
Suz

koralee said...

Oh my goodness..it is so lovely! You are brillant! Thanks for sharing with us. xoxo

Georgianna said...

Well, it's a beautiful supply kit but what you created out of it is sublime! Love it, Alisa! Great job. – g

Jillayne said...

Oh Alisa - this is just so darn beautiful! I love what you made and I love the idea of the package - how cool!
So, so stunning!!

LuLu Kellogg said...

This is so beautiful!

Looking forward to meeting you in Texas!

LuLu~*xoxo

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing. I am a GG, I found you on their Flikr page. I love what you've created with Nov stash.