Thursday, December 2, 2010

December Daily

I have been wanting to create a December Daily album for a few years now and it seems that this year is the year.
And I'm really excited about it.
(I must be, because I managed to get the album put together in time- huge accomplishment for this "procrastinator queen".)


I started with a paper crafting kit I purchased a few years ago from Scrapologie {Silver Bells}. The kit came with a Melissa Frances tree shaped album, but it only had 10 pages in it. I needed more pages, as well as more surface area, so my solution was to cut watercolor paper 5.5 x 11.5. I also got two pages (technically 4 counting front and back) by cutting a sheet of die cut paper in half and then another two (4) pages by cutting a large crochet doily in half.


I cut 2 really thick chipboard pieces 5.5 x 11.5 for the covers and then adhered the chipboard trees from the Melissa Frances album (the original covers) to those for the front and back covers.


All of my base pages were covered in paper from the kit as well as vintage sheet music from my stash. For my numbers/embellishments I used Rhonna Farrer and Basic Grey chipboard diecuts, buttons and ribbon from the kit and added in numbers, paper doilies, felt and floss (for all the hand embroidery) from my stash.

I wanted the Farmboy to get involved, so I challenged him to see which of us could take the best/most interesting photos every day for the next 25 days.
Heh heh, sneaky of me, huh?

I will upload all of the number pages to my Flickr if you would like to see those and I'm hoping that I will be able to scrap the photos and stories at the end of each week to share also.
(We'll see how well that goes!)

13 comments:

Robin Thomas said...

Oooooh, I will look forward to this! How do you get your husband on board for such things????

Nina said...

Love this idea! Can't wait to see your photos! - Nina

Sonya Badgley said...

I can't wait to see your photos, I know they will be beautiful.
Blessings~
Sonya

Kathy Martin said...

Wow, what an impressive December Daily album! It will be neat to see the inner pages! :)

Dawn said...

What a creative - great idea! Cannot wait to see the result!!!
(And sneaky for getting him involved....does he read your blog?;))

Anonymous said...

She thinks she's being crafty; well in a way she is really crafty, but in a different sorta way. I actually tricked her into the photo contest using my reverse Jedi mind tricks. She never stood a chance!!
-Fb.
p.s. and yes, I do read her blog.

Kateyed said...

I love that, Sweet Alisa! Thank you so very much for your support right now. I really am grateful to you!
Hugs,
Suz

Unknown said...

Ooo I just know it's going to turn out great! I am longing to do some kind of Christmas journalling. I'll have to look into it. BTW, I checked out Brave Girl from your other post and I just love what they are doing over there. Enjoy your e-course!

Sandy xox

Kathie LePage said...

Hello! I just picked up the Somerset Life oct/nov/dec issue and I love your article - but I especially love those socks! Where did you get them? They are so very cute....

Kathie LePage said...

PS I like your letter "N" is your own die cut, from chipboard or? It looks like gingerbread to me :)

AVintageIndustry@cox.net

Allie said...

What a big project to take on during the holidays! I can't wait to see the pictures you and the farm boy come up with!! What fun the two of you are going to have!!
Hugs,
~Allie

FILIGREE MOON said...

Heh, heh. That silly farmboy. Lurking about your blog and sneaking in the occasional mind game! Crafty is as crafty does.... nonetheless, let the games begin. Looking forward to seeing the album, scrapping and photos! ~ Angela

Taylor Genevieve said...

I found your blog in "Artful Blogging" and I absolutely fell in love. Love your photos and writing! So inspiring.

Xo, Taylor

lovegenevieve.blogspot.com