Saturday, November 6, 2010

An Autumn Walk

She welcomed November,
as she briskly strode across the meadow,
each sturdy boot clad step made with determination.


Once at the far edge, she paused to admire the loveliness of the spent seedpods peeking out from the tall grasses.


Across her face the crisp breeze swept her wayward locks,
which had escaped their pins and the warm sun brought forth a rose blush to her cheeks.


As she entered the wood, bird song, carried on the wind,
danced its melodic tune to her ear and made her smile.


Soon the soft bubbling of the brook could also be heard,
amongst the rustle of her walking skirts.


With a soft sigh, she realized how autumn was drawing her into itself.
She could quickly learn to love this season after all.

8 comments:

Lorrie said...

Beautiful sentiments accompanied by beautiful photos. I hope you are beginning to enjoy autumn.

Anonymous said...

Alisa, this was beautiful. And thank you for the well wishes. I am feeling better during the day. Nighttime isn't so good. I wake up about 3 am and have to take aspirins.
Stay young! I am, at heart anyway! ;-) And I'll be danged if I will let this stop me!
Blessings!
Diane

Tammie Lee said...

thank you for the lovely journey, both words and photos so dreamy and perfect.

Suz said...

Golden and beautiful! You take lovely pictures, my dear!

Hugs,
Suz

P.S. Come and see my sachets that were inspired by you!

Ann-Denise Anderson said...

Alisa,
How are you..Thanks for stopping by the other day.....Hope to see you again one day soon....Pay no attention to the aging thing, it's all in the mind...just go find something to giltter..that uusally makes it all better:)
XO,Ann-Denise

Marianne said...

Hmm dreamy! Lovely post.

Caleen said...

What lovely thoughts. Love the photos too. I love this time of year too. Much to be thankful for. So happy that you are loving this time of year. Enjoy it all! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Alisa must still be out walking! I've been missing you and your posts all week.

:-) Diane