Monday, July 12, 2010

Bailey's Berry Patch

We loaded up bright and early and took the road north.


After an hour and a half of Tim McGraw tunes and solar panel discussions, we reached our destination.
Bailey's Berry Patch


Buckets were handed out and for some, the competition began.

For others, it wasn't a competition.
Just enjoyment.


The enjoyment of the plopping sound the berries made as they were dropped into the bucket.


The enjoyment of forever capturing the perfect berry.


The enjoyment of witnessing nature at it's best.


Once our berries were bagged, we headed back home.
Hot and tired, but happy.


Happily contemplating blueberry lemonade, blueberry tarts and blueberry preserves.

6 comments:

knitterbeader said...

Alisa, I could almost smell the blueberries from here. I followed your link and it looks like a wonderful place to go pick berries. I picked up a half-flat of blackberries this past week and made jam - yummy.

Robin Thomas said...

Oh boy, how fun. I have never picked a blueberry.

FILIGREE MOON said...

Alisa, this is such a fun post! I love your photos and the promise of what you'll make with your pickins. I saw Giada's show Saturday where she made lemonade with a simple syrup, lemonade concentrate and pureed berries...mmmmmm. ~ Angela

natalea said...

ok, now i want to see your blueberry creations! xo

Kateyed said...

I want to see them, too. You have a great idea for a next post here.

Natalea and I have voted!

Scented Sweetpeas said...

ooohh yummy! I am addicted to making blueberry muffins - so scrummy and good for you :-)