Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oatmeal Chocolate Goodies

I made these yesterday and my family loves them!

1/2 C. milk
1/2 C. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 C.unsalted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C. peanut butter
3 C. oatmeal

Bring the milk to a boil and add the sugar, cocoa and butter. Stir until the butter melts. Turn the heat down and cook for one and a half minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add the vanilla and peanut butter. Stir and add the oatmeal. Mix well. Drop teaspoons of the mixture onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Refrigerate until firm. Makes four dozen cookies (I made mine bigger). Store in a tin, the layers separated by wax paper, in the refrigerator or in a cool place.

Recipe taken from The Body in the Bookcase by Katherine Hall Page.

8 comments:

LindaSonia said...

What a lovely composition. I'm sure the cookies are good too...! :-)

Unknown said...

Mmmmm, sound lovely! Thanks for sharing. :) I so enjoyed reading about your jaunt to Santa Fe, too. New Mexico is where my parents are so it holds a special place in my heart :) Santa Fe is magical.

T.A.W. said...

I've been making these cookies for years. They're delicious and easy to make, and I'm always getting requests for them.

The Pink Birdhouse said...

I always love it when I am able to find not only new recipes, but ones that are fast and simple. Thanks so much for sharing this one with us. I have copied it and will add it to my ever growing collection of yummy recipes that I have found through friends on blogger! Who needs a cook book anymore. :-) take care, Debby

Lori said...

no WAY!!! i have been looking for my recipe for these...couldn't find it...and here you are posting it...i LOVE these...so yummy and easy peasy...we call the "chocolate oatsies:)

the wild raspberry said...

love no bake cookies but never make them...i just put the recipe in my file. maybe me and my girlies can make them this week :)
thanks for sharing~
chasity

Allie said...

Alisa,
These look yummy and seem so easy! I'm copying the recipe now and might try them this weekend.

Started back to work today. Moved into my new office and am nervous as can be in the new position...so much to learn "on the job" ;D

Happy Monday,
~Allie

Caleen said...

I have loved these cookies for years. I had them first as a child at my best friends home. They had a large family and their Mother was always cooking. We were always hungry, so she taught us to make them. I won't tell you what we named them.. :) They are now my kids favorites and they make them a lot too.. I think I am going to make some tomorrow.. Have a great day..