Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Old Dogs In Crystal Balls

It's been just over a year since I lost my beloved Lucy.
At the time I had my Autumn Journal sitting out on my worktable.
A few weeks after saying goodbye, this came out.
A memorial of a sort.
 
 
Black and white with a touch of red.
She only wore red collars.
The color popped so prettily against her fur.
 
 
A little fella who just happens to make me think of dogs.
 
 
A "crystal ball,"
because as Dorothy saw Auntie Em, I just wanted to see her one more time.
 
 
Broken hearts and tearful stars
and the words of Mary Oliver...
"What would the world be like without music or rivers
or the green and tender grass?
What would this world be like without dogs?"
 
Really now, what would this world be like?
Probably shouldn't ask that question of cat people, huh?
 


4 comments:

kandeland said...

beautiful page. love getting caught up here...xo

Lorrie said...

so touching. Your pages are lovely.

Celeste Kemmerer said...

Beautiful! I gain such inspiration from your art!

Photocat said...

I love the soft colouring on the page. A neat portrait of a man, I can see why you would call him doggylike. His hair looks frizzy. The broken hearts really bring the message home. We can feel that you still miss Lucy. Although Finnlay is a worthy successor... At least seen from England over the internet.