Wednesday, October 16, 2013

This Morning

We caught a break in the rain this morning,
so we got our walk in.
But only twice around the park, 
for it seems our one week of autumn has already ended and winter is upon us.
That means it's dropped below 60 degrees.
{I know, I know, but I'm a cold natured Texas girl!}
and twice around the park leaves us with numb hands, rosy cheeks and drippy noses.
 So now we are back home with warm socks on and a second pot of coffee perking
and we are ready to continue with this week's activity.
Cleaning.
 
 
We have very important company coming this weekend.
Family.  Very important family.  Plus one.
So I've spent the last couple of days getting the guest room ready,
as well as, cleaning the boy's room for the plus one.
 
 
I'm doing the cleaning in his room, because my boy has gone. 
And this time his leaving has brought much frustration and heartache,
but it's not my story to tell, so I will keep it with me.
 
 
On the upside, the room no longer has that smell.  That indescribable smell.
However, I woke up with a terrible sinus headache probably due to the copious amounts of dust the room has been housing.
 
 
The coffee maker just beeped telling me its ready, so back at it.
Hot coffee and sinus tablets in hand and the little wolfhound at my side to keep me company.
I hope your day is a little more adventurous and warmer than mine.
Happy Wednesday.
 

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

A post filled with the beauty and heartache of life. Wishing you joy this weekend with your guests. 60 degrees is a pleasant day around here!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Hoping you're feeling better today and that your heartache has eased even at least a little bit. My boy is still only 8 and these kinds of posts remind me not to take him for granted and hold onto him while I still can.
If it helps in any way, my parents once again, have their boy at home...at age 50! Back and forth for years. At their age, we wish it wasn't something they had to deal with.
To everything, there is a season.