Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Loosening Up

If you asked, my family and close friends would tell you
I have a tendency to be a bit rigid.
It seems I like things "just so".
And sometimes that's okay.
Despite what my kid may say about cleaning his room,
unsanitary is just...
well, unsanitary.


I've spent the last several years trying to relax about things.
Loosen up.
And I'm quite proud to say, I've done a pretty, darn good job of it.

However, there is one area that I find I am still way too exact in...
my art.
I get so frustrated if it's not perfectly like what I see in my head. 
Which in turn frustrates me even more, because I'm frustrated about something I shouldn't get so frustrated about.
Did that make sense?


I thought about it and decided doodling just might be a good way for me to learn how to loosen up.
So I got my mitts on this book and have been practicing my way through it.
And then to my happy surprise, Alisa Burke recently offered up a class on doodling, as well.


I suppose I may always have a bit of an edge to my ways, but hopefully between these two I can loosen myself up a bit.



5 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I can be the same way!

I clean up my studio after each project before I can go on to the next one. I need to loosen up on that! *sigh*

All I can do is try!

Happy Week!
LuLu~*xoxo

Lorrie said...

Love the doodles! I just bought Anna Corba's book on French Doodling and I'm looking forward to loosening up a bit with it next week after classes end.

kandeland said...

I think I might have to get this book soon....Hope you find yourself getting to loosen up more in your work! xo

Celeste Kemmerer said...

I think that many artists have difficulty with the fact that they cannot bring to life what they see in their head. I know I do, and I suspect it is why people like Van Gogh went crazy.

Unknown said...

Oo I have to check out that book! It would be great to use in my art journals! BTW if Farm boy does take you to Niagara- you must swing by my place as well!!!

Sandy xoxo