Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday's Flowers ~ No. 14


When I was but a wee lass, we would go into the fields and pick bouquets of wild Primrose.
However, it was not know as Primrose to us.
We called these delicate little flowers, which bloomed in yellow, pink and white, Buttercups.
We would chase each other around with our Buttercup bouquets. The game was to trick each other into smelling them, so that we would come up from the bouquets with yellow noses.
We always made sure not to pick all of the Buttercups... to leave several blooming where we found them.
For where my family comes from, everyone knows that Buttercups are what the Faeries drink their buttermilk out of, by the light of the moon.



*********

For more Friday's Flowers, please visit...
sow.sprout.bloom.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oops, I goofed...Here's my comment...
How beautiful to leave some for the faeries! I'm sure they appreciate it.

I played this week, too. Hope you have a lovely weekend, Alisa.
My Friday Flower

Kateyed said...

Beautiful, Alisa! I have actually never seen those. I wonder if they grow in the Midwest.

We did the same trick with dandelions. Universal child game, I guess!

Hope you are having a nice weekend!

the wild raspberry said...

Beautiful photo! And your dress is gorgeous as well. What a great idea!
Warmly,
~Debbie~