Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"There Is a Place."

"Like no place on Earth.
A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger!"
~the Mad Hatter

Okay, so the only danger, for me anyway, is that I'm so intrigued that I can't seem to leave in a timely manner to go take care of the things I need to be taking care of.


It's a place called Plays With Needles.


If you have the slightest interest in Alice In Wonderland and/or sewing, stitching, beading, crazy quilts, then you must go see Susan.


DMC asked her to create an Alice In Wonderland crazy quilt block, using their products.


Everytime I go take a look at the newest layer she has added, my jaw hits the floor.


After you have awed over this amazing piece, slip over to her Flickr and take a peep at her bead work.... OMG!


(all photos belong to Plays With Needles)

10 comments:

FILIGREE MOON said...

Alisa, thank you for sharing the links to Susan's work. Truly fascinating. ~ Angela

Tina said...

This is so amazing - Thanks for sharing.
xo Tina

Unknown said...

That's cool!I love the tiny tea settings in the last picture! Thanks for sharing the info!

Sandy xox

Susan Elliott said...

OK Alisa! We might have to join the mutual admiration society! Your blog is right up my alley and I just had to add you to my reader! I'm so glad you're having fun in Wonderland with me!

Charlene said...

OH MY!!!!!!!! I went to see & fell into her world of wonder!!! Thank you for sharing. I LOVE IT! Charlene

Anna Patricia said...

WHOA!!!! My sister and I are awestruck with the pictures!
~Pat
http://annapatriciadesigns.blogspot.com/

Allie said...

What a cool site! I LOVE Alice in Wonderland and my summer project this year is to start doing some needle work. Thank you for the continued inspiration, Alisa!!!
~Allie

replica bags said...

I would like to let you know what a joy it is to wake up each morning and read your delightful blog. I always feel as if you are speaking directly to me.

replica watches said...

How nice your blog become beautiful day by day?
will you tell me?
when I see your blog I become surprised more and more.
Thanks

imitation watches said...

Hey,
Wonderland? what a nice thing.
I can't believe it. My much the wonder is it. Keep up your work.

Thanks.