Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday's Flowers ~ No. 11


While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

*********

So, so, so much has been happening this week.
My parents are here, because...
*sniff*
my grubby, little, squishy face baby is
graduating
from high school this Saturday...
as in tomorrow Saturday.
*sniff*

I'm still trying to figure out how it happened, because I knew it would happen and I made sure I was very present for the last (almost) 18 years.
But still, I just can't figure it out.

So, I'm way behind catching up with all of you and I'm very sorry for that. And it actually looks like I may be Monday before I can sit down with a nice, hot pot of coffee and see what you all have been up to.

Oh! And speaking of Monday, it will be a special day here on my blog...
I'll be posting a giveaway!

Now I have to get going and clean out the fridge, to make room for tomorrow's breakfast casseroles and cinnamon buns.
And I should probably make sure I have at least a half dozen clean hankies in my purse.

*********

For more lovely flowers, visit...
Filigree Moon
and
Scented Sweetpea

Have a beautiful weekend!

7 comments:

Lori said...

awwwww...Alisa, it is so hard when your babies grow up...my oldest will graduate next year...and i honestly can't wrap my head around that...the time just flies by so quickly...have fun at the graduation...i hope the day is beautiful for the ceremony!!!

knitterbeader said...

Congrats on your child's graduation - oops! not a child anymore. Enjoy the day and then start thinking about celebrating the successes.

Privet and Holly said...

Oh, sweet Alisa, I'm only three years behind you. It is such a bittersweet moment....we've prepared them all of these years to be confident and competent people when they leave the nest....but then the years start to fly and it is HERE. I'm not sure how I'm going to react, but you seem to be holding up well! I'll be sending you many cyber thoughts and prayers for this very special time! xx P&H

Tiedupmemories said...

Aww...I can only imagine! I have an upcoming sophmore so it's creeping up on me. Ugh! I bet you have lots of pretty hankies to dry those eyes though. Lol! Have a fabulous weekend and congrats to your graduate!!

Ann Flower said...

Nice picture of flowers on your blog. Flowers bring so much joy to those who have the time enjoy them.

the wild raspberry said...

I wish Congratulations and blessings to the graduate and Strength to the momma. :)
I can't even imagine all the emotions that you have right now but I know that the underlying ones must be love and being tremendously proud.

have a lovely and blessed weekend~
chasity

Charlene said...

CONGRATULATIONS! To both of you! Big changes brewing.... What a special time this is. Enjoy every moment! Charlene