Friday, July 20, 2007

Studio Friday: YELLOW


I found this photo about a week ago and put it on my desk. Every time I've looked at it since, my entire being is flooded with pure golden joy. This dirty little face and sweaty blonde curly kid is my golden yellow. He may be 15 now, not 2 and his hair has darkened and has lost it's curl, but he is still dirty and sweaty and he is still my golden yellow joy.
I thought to just keep it sitting there on my desk, but when I read the challenge for SF this pic and YELLOW delight immediately came to mind.

Also...


About a year ago, I made a mini book about me. I used attributes of colors and gem stones to describe my own attributes. Here is the "shades of yellow" page.

Thanks Tine for the great inspiration!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful post Alisa! I know so well that wonderful wave of sweet nostalgia when you come across a picture of your child. My daughter is 20 now and whenever I see a picture of her when she was little, sigh, it just makes me happy.

Love that book of you too! Very clever!!!

susan said...

The mini book is a very cool idea and I too get nostalgic when I see old photos of my kids who are now 17 and 12...