Friday, April 6, 2007

Studio Friday, April 6



Part III of the new SF mini series looked at from an artist's perspective in a different angle and light: "The Seven Deadly Sins"

This week's topic for Friday April 6th: Sin #3: GREED!

This is an ugly one as well....uuuuh! What is it you are greedy about or feel greedy about? Is it material or is it a behavior? Are you greedy for emotions? Do you hoard? How do you want to change for the better? It can be small steps or do you rather take a big step to change?


Time
Even though I only work maybe 6 hrs. a day, even though the boy goes to his dad's for 2 days every week, even though the man doesn't get home from work usually no earlier than 6pm, I never seem to have enough extra Time. Time just for me. Time to sit in my studio and create. Even though I sit in my studio every day and create, it's never enough Time. If asked to do something during my Time, you better watch out, I might bite.

*The mask was bought in Hawaii and given to me by my sister*

4 comments:

~michelle~ said...

Man. I didn't even think of how I'm greedy with my time. As I'm getting older, I'm especially very protective of it. Used to be that just because someone asked me to go somewhere or do something, I would if I didn't have something booked already. Not anymore, sister. I HAVE to have time just to sit and do nothing. I NEED time like that.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Monica Yvette said...

Ooh! Time, that's a good one. I'm with you on that. I feel like a whole life time wouldn't be nearly enough for all I want to learn, try, accomplish...

Going For Greatness said...

I never even though about that but you're RIGHT! I am greedy with my time too. I get so little of it to myself that when I DO have it, I use it to the full extent!!
What a great take on the topic!!
~Have a great weekend~
Gabi

Stacia said...

Not having enough time is rough...you need some for responsibilities, some for relaxation and regrouping and some for being creative! That's a lot of time!