Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Fancy Simple Quote


This is only the beginning of the mountain. Keep begging the big guy to build a bigger and better bookshelf into this nook...still waiting!


“I had just taken to reading. I had just discovered the art of leaving my body to sit impassive in a crumpled up attitude in a chair or sofa, while I wandered over the hills and far away in novel company and new scenes... My world began to expand very rapidly,... the reading habit had got me securely.”
H. G. Wells


Reading is an everyday adventure in this house. We all do it. We all enjoy it. We all read different genres.
At one point, I thought British Lit Teaching might be for me. I was close...only a 16-17 year difference in age groups! But I do so love to read. (years ago I read War and Peace... the unabridged version so I didn't miss any good parts!) I've tried all the flavors, but always go back to the mysteries. Can't seem to get enough of them. (God Bless Agatha Christie!) Unfortunately, I enjoy reading so much, I have had to cut back. I was staying up most of the night unable to put what ever book I was reading down! Not too good for functioning the next day! Maybe I should schedule a reading vacation.

No comments: